"I thought of all my other boats and all the other summers of
sailing, dating way back to when I used to go out with my father
in a cranky overcanvased catboat we had when I was a little girl
in the early part of the century. My father, a reckless
enthusiast when it came to a sailboat, found me a most
satisfactory companion because I had not sense enough to be
- Kitty Crockett Robertson
A Cross-section of Traditional Boating Materials
Australian Wooden Boat Associations
Center for Wooden Boats
- The Center for Wooden Boats is a living museum focusing on the small
boats of our maritime heritage. Workshops are offered on everything
from celestial navigation to boatbuilding to sailing.
- A large collection of information on classic boats including charters,
brokers, events, etc.
Colne Smack Preservaton Society
- See also Sailing Smacks Site.
Humber Keel and Sloop Preservation Society
- Operate the Humber Keel Comrade and Humber Sloop Amy Howson.
They sail the Humber and its tributary rivers the Trent and the Ouse.
The National Wooden Boat Centre
- This is planned to be a yacht and boat-building, -restoration and -maintenance school in Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK.
Philadelphia Wooden Boat Factory
- A non-profit boat building and sailing
school teaching both youth and adults in the Philadelphia area.
Sintrale Kommisje Skûtsjesilen
- Dutch sailing barges.
Traditional Boats at TradBoat
- UK site for traditional boats and classic boats worldwide.
Traditional sailing (among others things)
- A site about traditional boats.
Traditional Small Craft Association
- Works to preserve and continue the living traditions, skills, lore,
and legends surrounding working and pleasure watercraft whose origins
predate the marine gasoline engine.
- Newsletter about Bristol Channel pilot cutters
Wooden Boat Foundation
- Based in historic Port Townsend, Washington, they provide a center
for unique educational experiences through the exploration of
traditional maritime skills.
The Wooden Yacht Fleet
- The Wooden Yacht Fleet is dedicated to the preservation of fine wooden
yachts. They offer a variety of sailing adventures (from half-day to one week)
aboard our classic yachts, as well as a full range of marine
services, including haul-out facilities to 40 tons. San Diego, California.
I'm always open to adding resources to my list, so if you
know of other items, give me a holler: firstname.lastname@example.org
updated: Sat Aug 30, 2003
Copyright 1994-2015 Mark Rosenstein.