"A gone shipmate, like any other man, is gone forever; and I never met
one of them again. But at times the spring-flood of memory sets with
force up the dark River of the Nine Bends. Then on the waters of the
forlorn stream drifts a ship - manned by a crew of Shades. They pass
and make a sign, in a shadowy hail. Haven't we, together and upon the
immortal sea, wrung out a meaning from our sinful lives? Goodbye,
brothers! You were a good crowd. As good a crowd as ever fisted with
wild cries the beating canvas of a heavy foresail; or tossing aloft,
invisible in the night, gave back yell for yell to a westerly gail."
- Joseph Conrad
Amateur Yacht Research Society (AYRS)
- AYRS is dedicated to finding out how to make yachting better (faster,
more fun, whatever you want it to be).
Associazione Vela al Terzo di Venezia
- Lug Sail Association - Venice. The Association includes today over eighty
boat owners, all lovers of the wild, mostly unexplored Venice lagoon and of
its sailing traditions, which go back in time more than a thousand years.
Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Unit 71, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. I haven't found
a page for the Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary itself, yet.
Canadian Power & Sail Squadrons
Canadian Yachting Association
- The Canadian Yachting Association (CYA) is the national authority for sailing in Canada
Columbia Yacht Owners Association
The Crusing Association
- The Cruising Association (a worldwide cruising club) represents cruising
yachtsmen's interests; provides up-to-date information, vast library, nautical
book reviews, free crewing service, club; organises lectures, rallies,
RYA courses, socials.
Dana Point Singles At Sea
- Dana Point, California.
Detroit Regional Yacht Racing Association
Fahrtensegelkreis Biggesee (FSKB)
- The FSKB consists of 5 Clubs at the Lake Biggesee in Germany.
The Finnish Sailing Federation
- The French Federation of Sailing
Freundeskreis Klassische Yachten
- German Association for Classic Yachts.
Hong Kong Yachting Association
Icelandic Sailing Association
International Association of Cape Horners
- The International Association of Cape Horners is for sailors who have
rounded Cape Horn.
ISAF - International Sailing Federation
- An Olympic sports federation.
Long Beach Singles Sailing Association
- Long Beach, California.
Long Island Single Sailor's Association
- Bay Shore, NY.
Marina Single Sailing Club
- Meets the 2nd and 4th Sundays of every month in Marina del Rey,
California for sailing in Santa Monica Bay.
Master Mariners Benevolent Association
- A non-profit California Corporation with stated purpose "to foster
participation in yachting and the preservation of well designed,
properly constructed and well maintained classic and traditional wooden
sailing craft...". San Francisco, California.
The Moorings Owners Group
- Mailing group for Moorings Owners.
Moraine Single Sailors
- Moraine Single Sailors is a group of single adults who enjoy sailing.
MSS meets at Watts Bay, North Shore, Moraine State Park, north of
North Coast Sailing Singles
- Cleveland, Ohio.
The Oar Club
- Dedicated to those that sail engineless boats.
Pacific Cruising Association
- An international, not for profit, organization that was founded in
July 1972, with the purpose to share cruising experiences and information
through get-togethers and a Newsletter.
Pelagic Sailing Club
- Boston area based nonprofit organization which matches skippers and
crews for sailing in New England.
Point Fermin Singles Yacht Club
- San Pedro, California.
Polaris Sailing Society
- An organization for single adults providing it's members with sailing
experiences. San Diego, California.
- The Royal Yachting Association.
The Sailing Club
- An organization of sailors and friends dedicated to organizing and
running bareboat sailing trips mostly on Long Island Sound and the
Chesapeake, but have run trips much further afield.
- Dedicated to bring single people together for the
enjoyment of sailing, cruising, social and
educational experiences. Their members are from all over
southeastern Michigan and they sail on the many inland lakes as well
as the Great Lakes and Lake St. Clair.
- A non-commercial group dedicated to helping single sailors, who primarily
sail the New Jersey shore area, meet one another.
Seattle Singles Yacht Club
- Seattle, Washington.
Seilskyøteklubben Colin Archer
- The Sail-Cutter Club Colin Archer" is a Norwegian club founded by
traditional boat owners in 1972 promoting the interest of
traditionally built vessels, restoration or construction of new boats
built in traditional materials and using original designs.
Seven Seas Cruising Association
- The Seven Seas Cruising Association is an international organization,
formed in 1952, with the purpose of sharing cruising experiences and
information through the medium of a monthly Bulletin (50 pages).
Membership is over 5,000 boats, or about 10,000 people, from all over
the world, who are interested in living aboard and the cruising
Singlehanded Sailing Society of San Francisco Bay
- They sponsor singlehanded/doublehanded
races on S. F. Bay and the Pacific Ocean. On even numbered years they
sponsor the Singlehanded TransPac Race from San Francisco to Kaua'i, Hawaii.
Single Mariners of Marina del Rey
- Marina Del Rey, California.
Single Sailors Association
- Meetings are held at Ballena Bay Yacht Club in Alameda, California.
Texas Association of Single Sailors
- Houston, Texas area.
- Swedish Yachting Association (English link)
- The Swedish Sailing-Ship Association. The purpose of the organization is
to encourage preservation of sailing ships and sailing ships with auxilary
engine that were originally built for commercial sailing trade.
Traditional Small Craft Association
- Works to preserve and continue the living traditions, skills, lore, and
legends surrounding working and pleasure watercraft whose origins
predate the marine gasoline engine.
Turks and Caicos Maritime Heritage Federation
- an organisation in the Caribbean that is pushing to preserve maritime
skills and traditions.
United States Power Squadrons
- The United States Power Squadrons (USPS) is a private, non-profit,
non-governmental, and non-military organization of adult (and their families)
United States citizens - men and women who are socially compatible and have
a common love and appreciation of boating.
United States Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Civilian volunteer arm of the United States Coast Guard which
supports the Coast Guard and works to improve boating safety. See also the
listing of Local Flotillas.
United States Naval Sailing Association
- An independent non-profit organization comprised of active duty and
retired military personnel, recognized in an advisory and assistance
capacity by the Chief of Naval Personnel, and committed to providing
active duty members an opportunity for sail training and recreation in
- The National Governing Body for the Sport of Sailing in the United States.
Women's Yachting Trust
- A New Zealand trust that has been formed to promote womens yachting.
I'm always open to adding resources to my list, so if you
know of other items, give me a holler: firstname.lastname@example.org
updated: Sat Dec 8, 2007
Copyright 1994-2015 Mark Rosenstein.